Read them and learn them! The health of our community is contingent on good-natured, responsible people who have integrity and are respectful of our rules. This ensures that we maintain a lighthearted, enjoyable environment for everyone so please read the following carefully.
Please understand that by joining the forum you agree to follow all of the rules stated here.
Before joining, please realize that being a member of this community is a privilege for all of us. It is not your right to be a member, so breaking any of the rules stated in this thread will result in disciplinary action.
- By registering on our forum, you agree to comply with our Site Rules.
- You must be at least 13 years old to join. Don't lie about it, we'll find out eventually.
- Please do not create an offensive username or display name when registering. Keep it appropriate and friendly.
- For usernames: please no spaces, special or foreign characters. Underscores and hyphens are permitted.
- THIS IS REQUIRED FOR APPROVAL: For display names, we require members to use a realistic first and last name (i.e. Christina Hanson). It's recommended that you make one up. Please no special or foreign characters.
- Do not create duplicate forum accounts, please. You only need one account, but you can have as many characters present on the forum as you like.
Please note that your thread may be modified, removed, locked, or deleted entirely without warning if any of the following posting rules are broken.
- The primary language used on our forum is English. If for some reason you post in another language then you must provide a translation in English as well.
- Please name threads appropriately and professionally.
- Read board descriptions carefully to ensure your thread is on topic and in the right place. If you're unsure, please ask a Moderator.
- Double check your grammar and spelling before creating your thread. Please avoid chat-speak on the forum.
- No racist or sexist comments allowed. Be respectful of all members regardless of their religion, race or sexual preference.
- Direct insults, accusations, or comments that serve no purpose except to incite discord will not be tolerated. Save the drama for your mama.
- Swearing is permitted in moderation so long as it is not directed at someone.
- The following material is not permitted: suicide, hardcore porn, animal/human abuse, rape, offensive/graphic images, murder/mutilation, mental health, or drug use.
- Excessively bumping posts is annoying. Please don't do it.
- Do not advertise another site on Equus-Sims without asking an Admin first. This rule does not apply to your own personal stable websites or social media, you are free to share those wherever.
- It is strongly recommended that you do not share personal or private information about your real life on Equus-Sims. We do not remove content from the forum or from Slack in the event your account is banned or should you choose to leave.
- By posting on our forum, you acknowledge that Equus-Sims may share your content and images on their social media as news and promotional material for the site. If you are worried about credit or theft, please tastefully watermark your images before posting.
The gist of it is simple: We have a 0 tolerance policy for assholes that we take very seriously.
- Be friendly, courteous, and mindful of how you present your comments, thoughts, and ideas on the forum.
- No name-calling, pointing fingers, insults, punching, biting or kicking on the forum.
- Nobody likes a copycat or a thief. Be original and always do your own work!
- No mini-modding. If you see something going on that is making you uncomfortable, report it and we'll take it from there.
- Handle situations or problems with maturity and professionalism. Walk away, speak with a Mod, and always try to be the bigger person.
- Do not instigate heated arguments.
- The surefire way to get banned: Harassing or bullying other members on Equus-Sims is absolutely prohibited, regardless of whether it's via forum PM, on our Slack, or posted publicly on the forum. We take this very seriously. You will be totally, completely banned if you are found to be targeting another member. This includes blacklisting, shit-talking, or defamation of another member.
- Do not log in to other member's accounts. This is for their security as well as your own.
- No cheating in competitions or workshops. Be fair, be honest and have integrity by avoiding favoritism and bias.
- For those of us who are tender-hearted: Try not to let comments get under your skin. Remember that as with anything on the internet, sometimes comments are relayed or interpreted in a way that wasn't intended. Try to maturely work things out with each other before getting emotional.
What to do if you're being bullied:
If you are feeling targeted and the bully persists even after attempts have been made to maturely address the situation or avoid the person altogether, please notify a Moderator and be prepared with concrete evidence (ie. screenshots of messages or posts) of the bullying happening on Equus and what you have done to try to remedy the situation. We are not internet police and therefore cannot control what happens elsewhere. Note: We cannot do anything based on hearsay or assumptions.
What to do if you're dissatisfied with a Moderator:
Moderators are expected to uphold the same rules as everyone else. If a Moderator is breaking one of the rules stated here or is generally handling their duties unprofessionally, please report your evidence to an Admin immediately. Note: We cannot do anything based on hearsay or assumptions.
What to do if your thread has been modified, locked or removed:
You should immediately assume that some rule here has been broken. That is our only reason for making changes or removing threads. You may ask a Moderator if you want to know specifically which rule. It probably goes without saying, but if your thread has been modified, please do not undo the changes.
What happens to your content if you quit or are banned from Equus-Sims:
Please understand that your threads and content posted here or on Slack will not be manually or automatically removed. This means that you should not post information on Equus-Sims that you do not want to remain even after you are gone. If you choose to leave, you may clean out your profiles or threads on your own if you want certain information removed.
Please be aware that our rules are subject to change at any time and may be added to in the future (rule additions or updates will be recorded below). It's also important for members to understand the potential for circumstances to arise outside the limits of our rules, which may be handled by a Moderator or Admin as they feel is appropriate for the situation.