Native Pony Society
The Native Pony Society (NPS) is a club that was founded in order to bring together members with a shared interest in the Native Pony breeds, as well as to bring awareness to and educate people on their various uses, potential, history etc.
The main goals of the club are to;
- Bring together all current and potential breeders and owners of Native Ponies.
- Provide a registry in order to keep track of all Native Ponies currently on Equus-Sims, be they competing horses, broodmares or even pasture ornaments.
- Host competitions, workshops and clinics across a variety of english disciplines exclusive to Native Ponies that will award exclusive custom content and XP for all ESRPG registered ponies.
- Be a relevant and correct source of information for everything Native Ponies.
- Host raffles and sales in order to increase the numbers of less popular pony breeds.
The NPS only accepts ponies of a native breed, and crossbreeds with at least 50% native blood. Currently the only accepted breeds are the following;
- Shetland Pony
- Exmoor Pony
- Dartmoor Pony
- Welsh Mountain Pony (A,B,C,D)
- Connemara Pony
- Highland Pony
- Dales Pony
- Fell Pony
- New Forest Pony
In order to register a pony with the NPS your pony must be one of the following breeds and be realistic, meaning that it must be of a real allowable colour and resemble the real breed standards. Information regarding the standards of the various native breeds can be found here. The only way to register a non-realistic native pony (for example an appaloosa pattered Connemara) is to register it as a Crossbreed, which will often have a separate class in shows.
The club will host a variety of competitions across mainly english disciplines, with a large focus being on futurity, in-hand, lead-rein etc shows. If their is enough continued interest fun seasonal related shows such as costume shows will also be hosted. All shows will award ESRPG XP, and if possible have custom content incentives for entering such as exclusive cc and in-game ribbons and trophies. Crossbreed Native Ponies will generally have separate classes within shows. All shows hosted will have a realistic setting that is not specific to one country or continent, and expect a certain standard of realism that is no enforced, but preferred.