Hosted by Equus-Sims
Oct 17 - Nov 14
For this builder's workshop, you will be tasked with taking an existing structure and bringing it to life. You will need to add windows, wall textures, flooring, as well as all of the decor that will make it feel like a livable stable. The only catch is you may not add any additional walls or roofing. You must work within the space allotted.
- Download or recreate the lot to be used for this challenge. If you download the lot (it's CC free), you must place it on a 50x50 property or larger. You may also reconstruct it on a smaller lot if you wish, following the exact layout below. To install the lot, please place the file into your Library folder. [ Download Here ]
- It's time to get to work! It's up to you to make this place feel like home by giving it an all new look (with some personal touches of course!). This includes windows, wall coverings, flooring, roofing, and stalls or other amenities that you wish for this barn to have. You will also need to completely decorate the interior and exterior of the barn.
- (Optional) With the barn finished, it's time to add a little landscaping and fencing around the place to really tie it all together. This is totally up to your vision!
- Share your creation with us by posting your entry here. Bonus kudos to those who actually upload their lot for others to download.
- This barn must have at least 1 stall. Stalls may be whatever size you feel comfortable with.
- This barn must be completely decorated, inside and out.
- The room on the left can be anything you want - tack room, office, club room, etc. The existing door and window may be replaced. You can add additional windows or doors around the barn too.
- You may change the roof texture, existing terrain paint can be erased, and you may replace the columns.
- You may not create any new walls, but you may use faux "stall walls" to create the stalls you want. This includes any custom stall sets from lakeside, Equus-Sims, or Raymond EC, etc.
- You can use as much CC as you want, or as little as you want. It's totally up to you.
- Max photos per entry is 6. 1 of those pictures MUST be a top-down view (roof hidden) and another must be of the room (interior). You may do picture-in-picture.
A brand new white board for your feed room info, delegating daily tasks around the barn, or scheduling your lessons! The prize will be sent out at the middle (Oct 31) and end of the workshop (Nov 14). Here's a scrappy photo of the WIP! Will have numerous custom textures, comes complete with a tray and markers, and I will provide the PSD so you can customize it, too.