Horse Racing, one of the world's largest industries. Something which accounts for overusing of the gorgeous animal known as the Thoroughbred. As much as the Racing industry puts up smoke and mirrors to distract the public of the real condition of these animals, the reality is that these animals are treated poorly. They are treated more like machines than actual animals, and when these "machines" no longer function correctly, they essentially get thrown away. With the Bramona Save a OTTB project, we hope to get these "thrown away" horses and retrain them. We aim to produce happy and healthy horses which have been thrown away by the racing industry. We know that each horse is unique and therefore, each horse needs to have its own individual training schedule. With the project, checked individuals will have a year (2 months) to rehabilitate a horse of their choice into a well trained, happy horse.
- Must have an active scrapbook.
- Must have atleast 2 posts in said scrapbook.
- Needs to have entered at least 1 previous show.
- Do not change the personality of the horse, this is to provide realism. Not all horses will be exactly what you want.
- Must respect the assigned horse, you may not get the horse that you want but instead a different one depending on applications.
- Must provide the minimum of 4 pictures per month. There is no maximum, the more the better!
- Coats can not be changed drastically. For example: a bay can not become a grey but a grey can grey out.
- Story Line must be original, unique and creative. And most importantly: realistic. The more realistic the story and pictures are, the better.
- At the end of the 2 months, you will either send the horse back or I will choose (depending on how well you did during the challenge) if it may stay with you or not.
- If you wish to geld a stallion, this must be told to me in advance.
- If you feel that you can not complete the challenge, please tell me and I will relocate the horse to someone else.
- Once again, I will emphasis realism: please play along with the given personality of the horse. For example: an aggressive horse will not suddenly not be aggressive.
- If you do not have the markings on the horse, I will do my best to find it for you or you may find a similar one.
- All disciplines are welcomed, depending on what you feel is best for the horse.
- The key term is: Purple Dinosaurs. To prove you have read all the rules, please put this in the category of "Anything Else?"
- Pricing on the horses is for RP purposes only!
- Make sure to be realistic in terms of: horses gaining more muscle, greys greying out etc.
Application Form. Click here!
WANT TO SEE YOUR FAVORITE HORSES IN THEIR NEW HOME?
Want to stay caught up? Click here!